1. What were the signs that Jesus did?
2. Why were these signs important?
3. Even though they saw the signs that Jesus did, they did not believe in Him. The word ‘believe’ means which of the following:
A – To merely acknowledge that Jesus was a real person.
B – To recognize that Jesus was an important person.
C – To agree that Jesus was telling the truth.
D – To have faith in; to entrust one’s spiritual well-being; rely on for salvation.
4. In vs 40, John is quoting the prophet Isaiah.Why would God blind their eyes and harden their heart?
The rest of the verse gives the reason. They could not believe because they would not believe.
5. What are some reasons people do not believe and trust in Jesus?
6. Many of the rulers believed in Jesus. But why did they not confess Jesus?
7. What did they love more of men than of God?
8. What does that show us about their, and sometimes our, heart?Sometimes we do things to get approval or acceptance from friends, but it might not be what God approves of.
9. What should we always do before making decisions?
10. What do you think Jesus means when He says, “I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness”?
11. Jesus always did what the Father wanted Him to do.How else was Jesus obedient to the Father? (vs 50)
12. Our actions are important to God. How are our words also important to God?